Introducing your governors - the staff working on your behalf.
The staff governors you elected are working with Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust on behalf of all staff.
They represent staff interests. You can help them carry out their role effectively by giving them your views. Tell them how you think services could be improved. Pass on the ideas and suggestions you feel would enhance patient care or the working lives of staff. Let them know what you think your hospital should offer.
What staff governors do?
The role of the staff governors includes:
- Representing the interests and views of all staff throughout the organisation
- Giving you information about the hospital, its vision and its performance
- Selecting and appointing non-executive directors and the chairman of the corporation
- Approving the appointment of the chief executive
- Attending meetings of the Council of Governors
- Monitoring performance against the Trust’s Service Development Strategy and other targets
- Using their influence through the Council of Governors to advise the hospital’s Board of Directors
- Approving the remuneration of the chairman and non-executive directors
What they can’t do...
- Your staff governors are not there to deal with any personal issues you may be involved with, for example, disciplinary
procedures or changes to your contract. They are not in a position to take on situations normally dealt with through personnel, staff-side organisations or trade unions.
Who are my governors?
There are five staff governors, representing separate ‘classes’ of the staff constituencies in the Trust:
|Statement to follow:|
|Biography to follow|
|Biography to follow|
Statement and picture to follow...
How do I contact them?
You can write to your staff governor:
The Governors c/o Communications Department
Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Make sure you state which governor you wish to receive your information (the governor that represents the class of the staff constituency you work in).
Could I become a staff governor?
Yes. Staff governors have a three-year term and all staff members receive an election nomination pack when a seat falls vacant in their class of the staff constiuency.
You must be a staff member of the foundation trust to qualify for nomination. If you have previously opted out of membership, but would like to re-register contact Chief Executive Office on ext 3217.