Patient and Public Partnership at Chesterfield Royal Hospital
Due to the current situation with Coronavirus and following Government advice, the majority of our team are currently working from home. We have also suspended all face to face patient/public partner meetings and workshops.
You are welcome to join our patient/public partnership, but it may take longer than usual for us to get back to you and we are currently limited to the opportunities we can offer you to get involved.
To Become a Patient/Public Partner
If you would like to get involved and help us to improve by becoming one of our patient/public partners, then please complete our electronic contact form here.
If you would prefer to complete a paper copy, please contact The Patient Experience Team on Telephone: 01246 513739 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
See below for details.
At Chesterfield Royal Hospital, we are ‘proud to CARE’. We promise to deliver sustainable high quality clinical care, offering an exceptional experience for our patients. We would like to invite you to help us to make sure we keep this promise and improve our services. You do not have to have any experience and you can choose the activities you take part in.
What is Patient and Public Partnership at Chesterfield Royal Hospital?
This means that we listen to and involve patients and the public, so that we can understand how our services best meet patient and public needs. ‘Patients and the public’ include patients, service users, carers, relatives and friends. We work with individuals, groups and communities to improve our services. Patient Partnership volunteers help us to think about our services from a patient/public point of view, to improve patient and carer experiences and to make sure our services are right for the local community.
They do this by:
- Telling us about their needs and experiences
- Sharing their ideas and getting involved in service design
- Having a say on how our services and plans are delivered
- Telling us what we are doing well and where they think we need to do better
Who are we looking for?
We would like to invite people to get involved who have experience of our services or who are interested in the work they do. Depending on the work that we are doing, we may involve different people at different times.
We are looking for:
- Patients or previous patients
- Carers, relatives and friends of patients
- Members of local communities with an interest in health or our hospital
- People from any age or background – there will also be opportunities for children and young people to get involved
What opportunities are there to get involved?
You can choose whether you want to get involved in one or more of the following ways:
- Email and online
- Face to face in individual or group settings
- Over the telephone
- We might ask you to do some of the following:
- Talk to us about your experiences and observations of our services
- Take part in meetings with other Patient and Public Partnership volunteers and/or hospital staff/staff from other services
- Give us your advice and tell us your ideas about our plans for hospital services
- Read and comment on any hospital or health information (e.g. leaflets or web pages)
How do I get involved?
If you are interested in helping us to improve, then please complete our electronic contact form here.
If you would prefer to complete a paper copy, please contact The Patient Experience Team on Telephone: 01246 513739 or 01246 516866 or Email: email@example.com
Please note: if, for example, access to a computer or attending a meeting in person might be a problem for you, you can still get involved if you want to, as there are many ways you can help. We can always try and support you to take part in the activities that interest you, even if you do not have any experience.
If you would like any support or further information before you complete the form, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Telephone: 01246 513739 or 01246 516866 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Quality Governance, Suite 10
Clinical Standards & Governance Directorate
Chesterfield Royal Hospital