Cardiac Rehabilitation Services at Chesterfield Royal Hospital
Cardiac Rehabilitation is an evidence based essential intervention which has been demonstrated to be highly effective in reducing morbidity and mortality in people with existing Cardiovascular Disease.
Chesterfield Royal Hospital’s Cardiac Rehabilitation Team consists of Janice, Sara, Elaine, and Sam who are experienced nurses within the area of cardiology.
The team aims to provide high quality, patient centred care, providing patients with suitable and timely information about their diagnosis and treatment, including heart attacks, angina, heart failure, stents, cardiac surgery, and implantable devices.
The Cardiac Rehabilitation team provides support for patients during their acute admission of a heart attack. The team can talk to them about their diagnosis, recovery and getting back to their usual activities and how they can protect their heart in the future.
Once discharged home, one of the team will contact the patient to check on their progress, offer support and answer any questions the patient or their family may have.
Patients will be referred to a Cardiac Rehabilitation programme of their choice and an appointment will be posted out to them. Appointments are available both face to face and via the telephone.
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Programme:-
Aims to help you:
- Improve your knowledge of your cardiac condition and coronary heart disease.
- Gain knowledge about what exercises you can do, what level you are at and how to increase this level at a pace right for you.
- Regain your ability and confidence to participate in activities which you enjoy.
- Improve your fitness levels.
- Reduce any symptoms such as angina.
- Improve your blood pressure.
- Improve your breathing.
- Advice and information about maintaining a healthy weight.
- Smoking cessation support and advice.