Welcome to the webpage of our Child Development Centre Nursery. We are based at The Den, Chesterfield Royal Hospital.
Our centre provides intensive play therapy and care to pre-school children with complex health care and special needs.
The centre has several facilities including an outdoor area, a snoozeim with multi-sensory equipment, such as, bubble tube and fibre optics. There are also soft play activities and an indoor slide.
Our aims are to: -
- To provide a unique facility that will enable children to achieve the best possible individual development.
- To help children learn and understand routines.
- Stimulate children with a variety of toys and provide appropriate equipment to suit your child’s needs through therapy.
- Help children to become more aware of their surroundings.
- To provide a family friendly and safe environment particularly for children with the most complex health needs.
The Nursery Nurse Staff have extensive specialised knowledge and experience to cater for the complex needs of your child. They work closely with therapists to incorporate programmes of care into your child’s play.
There is medical advice and care provided by Paediatric Nurses who can support your child's health needs whilst they are attending our Nursery.
Nursery sessions are run:-
9.30am - 12noon
1pm - 2.45pm Positive skills, a group in which the parents stay with their children to work on separation
1.15pm-2.45pm - Messy play, run in cinjunction with Speech and Language Therapy specially for children with feeding issues
9.30am - 12noon
1.15pm - 2.45pm
A named nursery nurse will be allocated to each child at a ratio of either 1:1 or 1:2 depending upon their dependency.
Our Nursery Admission Criteria: -
- Pre-school children who are not meeting developmental milestones, or with varying complex health needs.
- We accept referrals from children living within the district of North Derbyshire.
- Referrals are accepted from any health professionals within the Specialist Health Service, Pre-school advisory service, or social care team.
- It is expected that all children referred will be under the care of a consultant Paediatrician.
- The child does not need to have a previously established diagnosis, and may still be under investigation.
A referral form would need to be completed by the Professional seeing your child.
For more information please contact nursery staff on 01246 514564, Mon-Thur 15.00-16.00pm, Wed 11.30-12.30pm.
|CDC Nursery Referral Form.pdf||CDC_Nursery_Referral_Form.pdf||49.18 KB|