This department is led by -
- Lynn Andrews, Director of Nursing and Patient Care.
- Gail Collins, Medical Director
The Clinical Standards and Governance department provides a number of services which impact on or support the delivery of care across the Trust. The department's functions are wide ranging and can be divided into broad branches, as follows:
- Patient Safety Unit, including Patient Safety, Assistance and Complaints Service (click here to find out more about making a complaint or for further information) and Clinical Claims, Infection Control
- Clinical Audit & Clinical Governance Support Unit, including Clinical Audit, Clinical Governance Support, Patient & Public Involvement
- Research also falls under the remit of this department, you can find out about the work currently being undertaken in the Research section of this site by clicking here
- Safeguarding - both Adults and Children
In addition, the directorate takes a lead on ensuring that the Trust has a robust system for the review and maintenance of corporate policies, ensuring that these are kept up-to-date and all relevant staff are informed of any changes.