Problems? Concerns? Questions?

Always tell us when you are worried about something. The best way to resolve a problem is often to talk to the staff who are responsible for your care and treatment. Speaking to someone while you're a patient on a ward, or when you've come for your clinic appointment is often the best way to sort the issue quickly and effectively. Your relative or carer can also act on your behalf as well if you don't feel 'up to it'.

Don't worry about telling us that you're not happy about something - we'd much rather try and resolve things straight away so it doesn't affect your stay or visit and it doesn't become a bigger issue that leads to a formal complaint.

Assistance and Complaints

Sometimes though you may need other help, advice and support and that's why our Assistance & Complaints Service is here.  They can help you, your relative or carer with lots of things from taking a compliment to pass on to staff, to helping you sort an issue that ward staff can't deal with or to help you make a more formal complaint. They will put you in touch with other services, find you literature and information about health issues and take your ideas and suggestions about services and how they could be improved.

How to get in touch

The Assistance & Complaints Service is in the main entrance, so it’s easy for you to give us your views and opinions. Just call in from 9am-4pm, Monday to Friday.

Write to us:

Assistance & Complaints, Chesterfield Royal Hospital, Calow, Chesterfield S44 5BL

Phone us:

01246 512640

E-mail us:

Remember: To avoid delays, please ensure that you have these details to hand and include them in any correspondence: patient's full name, date of birth, NHS or hospital number and full address.

Out of hours

There is an answer phone service available, please leave a message and a member of staff will get back to you as soon as possible.

More information

Please download the leaflet below to find out more information about how Assistance & Complaints Service can help you.