Please try not to bring valuable items into hospital. However, if you do, make sure they are clearly labelled with your name. It is best to use an indelible marker pen or name labels.
See the list below for our suggestions for items you may want to bring with you for your hospital stay:
- Bring any medicines that you are taking, including any that you purchase 'over the counter'
- 2 sets of nightwear
- Soft shoes or slippers
- Washing and toiletries (including toothpaste and toothbrush)
- Sanitary towels
- Shaving items
- Hand wipes
- Any specialist equipment e.g hearing aids, powered wheelchairs
- Your glasses/contact lenses
Please do not bring:
- Valuables/large amounts of cash*
- TVs or portable radios/sound systems
- Mobile telephones
- Large suitcases
- Pets (except guide dogs for the blind and hearing dogs for the deaf)
*The Trust cannot accept any responsibility for personal belongings or valuables. if you do bring valuable items with you please let the nurse in charge know. They can then be kept in a hospital safe and you will be given a receipt for your valuables.