Health and Well-being at Chesterfield Royal
To support our team’s physical well-being we have Facilities on Site to enable staff to exercise before, during and after work. There are changing rooms, lockers and showers across the site for staff to use.
There is an outdoor gym for staff and visitors to use; this is situated at the back of the site next to the education centre.
There are facilities help encourage people to cycle to work:
- Storage: Lockable covered bike stores are available for staff use
- Cycle routes: A cycle path joins the Royal's ground with Wetlands Lane. This path offers safer access to the town and further afield via quiet lanes and bridle paths. A marked shared pedestrian and cycle route is located at the front of the hospital providing safer access for cyclists joining the main road from the hospital site.
Chesterfield Royal Hospital offers a number of fitness activities to staff at reasonable rates. Currently there are:
||Monday 6.00pm – 7.00pm
||Tuesday 5.30pm – 6.30pm
||Thursday 5.30pm – 6.30pm
||Thursday 12.30pm -1.30pm
||Car park 7
||Thursday 5.15pm – 6.15pm
||Car Park 7
|Choir@TheRoyal||Wednesday 7.15pm to 9.15pm||Old Lecture Theatre|
The Trust has signed up to the Time to Change Pledge and is committed to improving the mental health of all employees and patients.
Employee Assistance Programme
The Trust provides an Employee Assistance Programme by CiC. This is a 24 hour a day, seven days a week confidential counselling, advice and support service which for personal and work related issues.
In partnership with our union colleagues the Trust works with Credit Union. Credit Union offer a unique and flexible way of saving and borrowing, services include, a variety of easy ways to save:
- Standing order (with your existing bank)
- Payroll deduction
- Access to flexible low cost loans after establishing a regular savings pattern over 8 weeks.
- Free Loan protection
- Free life insurance on savings and loans for every member
- Friendly and personal service with no bank charges
- An ethical place to invest your money that supports the local community
Last Updated: 16/02/17