The main role of a Council of Governors is working with the Board of Directors to ensure that communities’ needs are taken into account in the planning of health services. The Council also ensures that the NHS Foundation Trust carries out its duties in line with NHS principles and values.
The Council is not involved with the day-to-day management of the Foundation Trust.
Our Council compromises of:
- Five staff governors
- One clinical commissioning group governor
- Three local authority governors
- Two governors from the education sector
- Two governors from the voluntary sector
- Eighteen public governors