This one-week placement with our multiskilled Estates team will give an insight into site maintenance in a busy acute Hospital environment.
You could observe part of or all members of the team in practice which may include painters and decorators, electricians, plumbers and joiners, as well as having the opportunity to observe some of our current building projects.
Safety equipment will be provided and there is a minimum student age of 14.
One area you would be able to try would be with the Estates Electrical Department. During your week’s placement, you would be working with a skilled electrician around the hospital on reactive work.
This placement may involve time spent with the procurement team, supply chain, warehousing and logistics.
We offer two types of placements which are one-week placements:
- The first placement is available for 14–18-year-olds, Monday to Friday starting at 8.30am and finishing for 5pm, including lunch.
- The second placement is for students who are already undertaking a University Degree and are considering a career in any of the areas mentioned above. Business degree students may find that this placement would assist in completion of the appropriate module.
Admin at Royal Primary Care
This placement is admin based with the document team and will include supporting the documents team in a busy GP practice. During the placement you will:
- Learn all about documents, where they come from, what we receive and why, how we process them, deadline & targets.
- Support with opening of royal mail post every day.
- Shadow individuals to see what they do.
- Ad hoc admin support for the team.
- This placement will be for one full week.
Please note: This opportunity is open to post 16 mature, self-efficient and independent students only, due to the busy nature of the office.