- Individuals who apply for work experience at #TeamCRH must demonstrate an interest in working in the NHS
- Where applicable, individuals must be studying for the qualifications that will be required for them to enter their potential career
- Individuals should understand that clinical placements are for observation only and practical tasks will not be allowed.
- All students must be at least 16-years-old for a clinical placement
You will be expected to provide learning outcomes to the placement area where a plan to meet these will be agreed. Observation and shadowing will make up a large proportion of your time during work experience.
You must comply with the Trust Staff Appearance Policy and observe the general dress code identified below:
- Dress cleanly and smartly for the duration of placement
- No jeans to be worn at any time
- Appropriate footwear to be always worn
- Visibly always display Trust Personal Identification
- Wear tabards/tunics always when in clinical areas
- Wear long hair off neck and shoulders in clinical areas
- Bare below the elbow in clinical areas
- Comply with the Staff Appearance Policy in relation to jewellery
Clinical work experience is available for over 16s only. We do offer a limited range of non-clinical attachments for 14–16-year-olds.
We offer a range of programmes throughout the year to accommodate as many requests as possible. This includes opportunities during February half term and the Easter holidays.
Due to service demands we are unable to provide this type of placement. We offer a 1 week Nursing/Paediatric Cadetship programme for students wishing to apply for Nursing work experience.
For those interested in a career in medicine, we offer a four-day Medical Work Experience Programme in February and July each year.
We have developed a ew one-week Allied Health Professionals programme which provides an insight into physiotherapy, speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, dietetics, orthoptics and audiology.
Our face-to-face work experience opportunities are in high demand and capacity is limited.
Therefore, we are only able to offer one experience per applicant.
Our programmes are designed to offer a holistic experience which provides opportunities to observe and participate in range of activities.